Saturday, June 19, 2010

First Dip in the Pool

Well, today my little boy turned 3 months old.  It's so exciting and yet, I want him to stay small a little longer.  He's holding his head up well and can sit and play with toys on the couch.  He's in the 90-95th percentile for height, 20-50th percentile for weight, and 20th percentile for head circumference (25.5/26 inches long, 13.5 lbs, 16 inch circumference).  In short...he's a string bean!! It's exciting to see each new development and milestone, but a little part of me is sad that he's slowly gaining his independence one moment at a time.  Three months ago I didn't know I could love someone as much as I love my Squirmy.  Today I am amazed at how much more I love my husband and my son than I did 3 months ago.  My heart is bursting, though I know I'll love them both a little more each day.

Okay...enough of the gooshy stuff.  Today was also the first time we took Squirmy to the pool!!  We have a pool in our development but hadn't made it there with him just yet.  He wasn't too sure about it, but seemed to have a good time.  He was a little miffed that it interrupted his cluster nursing and nap time (had to get out there before the sun got too bright).  Though I think my smile was brighter than the sun could ever be!!



No comments: