Ways I am "crunchy"
- I exclusively breastfeed and don't hesitate to feed in public, in large gatherings, or even at dinner (whether in or out)...most public nursing experience was while waiting in a packed crowd at Disney
- I cloth diaper...started for financial reasons and foot print, continued for health/ecological reasons
- We're seriously considering homeschooling (with a state that is ranked something like 48th nationally and a budget that won't allow private schooling, what options do we really have?)
- We coslept for the first month and I cosleep half the night (he starts the night in his bassinet right by the bed and joins us in bed after his first feeding)
- We recycle
- We use reusable shopping bags (and have for a few years now)
- We try our best to live as ecologically friendly as we can
- I baby wear when we go out and sometimes to do chores around the house
Ways I'm not "crunchy"
- I had a hospital birth with an OB (a c-section at that)
- I fully plan to birth future children at the hospital
- My husband cut the cord :)
- I use a dryer for all our clothes and diapers
- I don't baby wear 24/7 nor use a sling or wrap
I'm sure there's more to add to either list. I'm proud of the way I'm raising Squirmy and if that makes me "crunchy" so be it!! :)