Saturday, July 3, 2010

A case of the Mondays....

So I know this is the first day of a holiday weekend for most, but it's Monday here in our household.  Hubby's days off aren't usually Saturday and Sunday.  This week they were Thursday and Friday.  So today I have a case of the Mondays...  I'm more tired than normal from doing more that I usually do, plus I sleep less when he's home (trying to soak up all the time we have together).  Today we're just going to sit back and relax and recoup from a fun "weekend."

Thursday we ran some errands and did some more research into the store idea.  We found an AMAZING location for it, but the rent is a bit daunting.  The more we thought about it, the more intimidated we were by the whole idea.  Throw on top some personal financial faux pas and a complete and utter Squirmy melt down and we decided to quit thinking about it for the day.

Friday we awoke with a renewed hope.  Perhaps a B&M store isn't in our immediate future, though we really wish it were.  We decided to get out of the house/area for the day and check out some possible competition.  We met up with The Eco Chic and Zealand's Mom over at Peace Love Play where East Coast Cloth was hanging out for the day.  Squirmy was amazed by all the colors and the sounds of kids playing.  He even sat up in a chair all by himself for the first time!

I had a great time talking diapers and actually getting my hands on a bunch of different brands/styles/colors/etc.  I picked up my first Green Acres Design sized diaper (my first pocket and my first sized dipe).  Hubby and our roommate were both a little overwhelmed by all the new information.  They'd heard me talk about it somewhat before but suddenly there were snaps and velcro and double gussets and one size and sized and fitteds and covers and pockets and all-in-ones and fleece and microfiber and hemp and.....  We headed for a late lunch and Hubby asked which diaper made dinner for you.

So...we're thinking of taking a new spin on the store idea.  Right now we can't fathom taking on such a big gamble :(  We're thinking of trying to get an online store up and running while hitting the local farmers markets as a "store front" for right now.  I'm worried about stepping on toes with East Coast Cloth, but they're an hour and 2 counties away.  Surely there's enough territory for both of us....

So today I'm tired and missing Hubby and watching the rain fall.  The lines of Dr. Seuss keep running through my head:
The sun did not shine. 
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.

I sat there with Squirmy.
We sat there, we two.
And I said, "How I wish
We had something to do!"

Too wet to go out
And too cold to play ball.
So we sat in the house.
We did nothing at all.

So all we could do was to
Sit!
Sit!
Sit!

Sadly (or not) I did type that from memory, albeit verified it online.  Though it's not cold and I don't wish we had something to do...it's just a sleepy, rainy, curl up and cuddle, case of the Mondays kind of day.

No comments: